ELFM

East Leeds FM

8 comments so far...

• Latest: Daniel - ages ago 25th June 2008, 7:33pm

HI

Glad you are all dry now.

The rain did not make ELFM move. ELFM are here forever. Loved the day and loved the ‘the caravan of love’.

I cant wait until we go on tour again

• Linda - ages ago 23rd June 2008, 10:39am

Thanks Ed! Yes I did have an initial idea of a caravan, but I didn’t see it as Glorious Gold. That’s the fun of working with ELFM and Heads Together – you have an idea that you bounce off other people and it grows into something quite wonderful.

Now I’m looking forward to working with other people to convert the inside of the caravan of love into a shrine to the 70′s!

• edheaton - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 3:00pm

Yea we’ve got start every caravan show with this song, it’s ace!!! It’s funny, because when I got home yesterday I was tired, and wasn’t sure how it went yesterday. But today I’m really chuffed with how it went, it was loads of fun and I am so excited about the caravan.

It’s worth mentioning the hard work put in by Linda, (who is the unsung hero of ELFM) as it was her idea in the first place.

• andy - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 1:58pm

As an opening track I’d go for the Housemartins, but what about the Terry Callier version on iTunes (sorry can’t find a link anywhere else). There is also an interesting version by the Singing Pinguins on there as well! The Isley-Jasper-Isley version is marked “explicit” on iTunes, not sure why but perhaps we should avoid that?

• Adrian - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 1:02pm

Take a stand indeed.

Isley brothers (well Isley-Jasper-Isley) or Housemartins acapella version?

• edheaton - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 11:53am

Was it raining yesterday? Great day, well done everyone for their hard work. Here’s to the rest of the summer, it’s going to be amazing! I thinks the name of The ELFM Caravan of Love is great.

“Every woman every man join the (ELFM) caravan of love…”

• Helen - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 11:32am

It was a brilliant day!
    Thanks for asking me to come along i had a great time!
    The caravan is brilliant!

• Adrian - ages ago 22nd June 2008, 10:01am

Let’s hear it for all the gala team. We took the ELFM love way out to Osmondthorpe and Halton Moor. Life there will never be the same!

I’m thinking lava lamps for the Caravan of Love; I’m thinking orange floral designs; sticky backed plastic anyone? Have a look at http://www.berting.nl/seventies/ for some more ideas…

lerve

Add your comment...

Why not sign up to the ELFM newsletter?

Leave us your email address and we'll remember you next time you visit.
Also if you have a gravatar it will appear next to your comment.

About us

East Leeds FM was created back in 2003 as a pilot project run by Heads Together Productions with students from John Smeaton High School. It has grown and developed since then and in 2014 we are o pening the first-ever dedicated arts centre in East Leeds—Chapel FM.

Find out more

Contact us

If you want to get involved with
ELFM get in touch: